Basic Purpose of Position: The Human Resources (“HR”) Manager is responsible to develop, implement, research and administer general human resources activities. This includes employee relations, recruiting, legal compliance, and general HR administrative duties as assigned. The HR Manager works in concert with all departments in our Restaurant Support Center (RSC) and Restaurants. This individual works closely with the Director of Operations, Restaurant Managers and Team Members to promote and foster the FoodFirst culture that values and is committed to our Team Members and Guest experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partners with Operations and provides guidance and counsel to Team Members, Restaurant Managers, and Director of Operations on all HR-related issues.
- Urgently responds to SVP, Director of Operations, Restaurant Managers, and Team Members to listen and discuss employee relation issues. (Weekend “on-call” rotations are required.) Confidently makes quick and effective decisions under pressure.
- Conducts confidential discussions with Operations and functions as liaison between Management and Team Members. Partners with other RSC departments when necessary to gather information to support investigations.
- Coaches and recommends changes for continuous improvements to processes and procedures in Operations and the RSC.
- Utilizes our Case Management System to log our cases, attach statements, and document the action taken through the course of the investigation.
- Travels to locations to meet with Restaurant Teams/Team Members as needed.
- Creates and communicates FoodFirst policies, procedures, and programs that ensure compliance to all Federal, State, County, and Local laws and regulations.
- Assists with updating of the Team Member Handbook and intranet documents as required.
- Works with the Talent Selection team to recruit, onboard and orient new RSC and Operations management as needed.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates employee engagement programs that results in elevated Team Member involvement in our restaurant’s operation.
- Prepares annual, company-wide EEO-1 Report. Gains approval from the VP if HR prior to submission.
- Facilitates the oversight of company-wide unemployment compensation initiatives, making recommendations as needed.
- Answers general Benefits questions and can appropriately redirect incoming calls to the correct HR vendor-partner.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Answers questions and provides guidance on HR computer systems and FoodFirst policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Completes routine HR administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
Has knowledge of and the ability to effectively address general business concerns, technical procedures, and regulatory issues.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels in the Company.
Ability to work in a fast pace environment, multi task, and prioritize to meet deadlines.
Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products and HRIS and related vendor-supported systems.
Ability to work both anonymously and collaboratively.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; (Human Resources, Communications, or Business degree preferred), OR 4-6 years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications: PHR or SHRM-CP preferred but not required
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.