Basic Purpose of Position: As a key part of the Accounting department, this position will be part of the Property and Tax Accounting team. They will report to the Manager of Property & Tax Accounting and be responsible for all tax related areas that include sales and use, personal and property, income, etc. and ensure the policies, procedures, and internal controls comply with US GAAP. They will also be responsible for the accounting of all fixed assets, repairs & maintenance, capital expenditures, etc. They will manage the external audit and tax companies to provide the most cost effective solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintain the sales and use tax rates and liaison with the IT department to ensure all updates are communicated and audited.
· Process and pay all monthly sales tax returns and manage any state audits.
· Update and analyze the quarterly tax schedules.
· Work on the preparation of the annual tax provision and state / federal income tax returns with the outside accounting firm.
· Work with the fixed assets systems including the monthly depreciation schedule, capital expenditure tracking & reporting.
· Work on all property accounting functions including lease, cam, personal & property, etc.
· Work on all real estate updates and lease changes directed by the Chief Development Officer’s department.
· Maintain capital expenditure and repairs & maintenance reporting and accounting.
· Other duties and special projects as directed by their supervisor, Controller, VP of Finance, or CFO.
Skills & Abilities: Good organization skills, clear & concise communications, willing to do the work themselves, high ethical standards, able to keep confidential information to themselves, Microsoft Office software; power Excel user plus, Lawson knowledge a plus, and a positive attitude.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Certification: CPA a plus
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skill and abilities required to do the job. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change by Management at any time.
FoodFirst is an Equal Opportunity Employer