Basic Purpose of Position: As an important part of the Accounting department, the accounts payable person(s) oversees the AP process and works closely with the manager on proper financial reporting of payables activity. This position develops, implements, and maintains accounting procedures that ensure accurate and timely processing of vendor payments. They will maintain the highest level of integrity, accuracy, and controls to ensure the company cash is secure. This person will partner with the manager on ways to improve the current processes from paper to digital managed systems.
Essential Job Functions:
· Process over 100 restaurant mailed packages on a weekly basis.
· Accounts payable sub-ledger that includes new vendor setup, address changes, reporting, etc.
· Weekly payment runs via check, ACH transfer, automatic debit, etc. for over 3,000 vendors based on invoice terms.
· Auditing invoice coding to ensure cost centers charged accurately.
· Expense reports processing while working on a process to digitize the system.
· Reconcile all corporate credit cards and process for payment.
· Month-end close including working aged payables, ledger reconciliations, reporting, etc.
· Ensure proper document approvals, retention, and filing of all accounts payable related items.
· Monthly statement review to ensure payments posted and outstanding balances match to aged payables.
· Handle research requests for vendors, restaurants, and support office.
· Provide support for any audit requests by supplying invoice or payment backup.
· Manage an efficient paper storage system while working on a process to digitize the accounts payable department.
· Other duties and special projects as directed by the department Manager, Director, or Controller.
Skills & Abilities: Good organization skills, clear & concise communications, good team player, willing to do the work themselves, high ethical standards, able to keep confidential information to themselves, detail oriented, proactive, independent, Microsoft Office software user (Excel power user plus), Lawson knowledge a plus, and a positive attitude.
Educational Requirement: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports